According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.
Philippians 1 :20-21
Somewhere around 1:00pm
Book: Character Sketches– I still have thoughts about drugs and women and money sometimes… but mostly when urges/ thoughts do come (negative urges/thoughts), it is more so an onslaught of them… maybe for 20 min. to 30 min. I am working on, truly working to isolate and eliminate these thoughts by quoting scripture, thinking of sacrifices made by God/Christ, how blessed I am, etc. but the biggest things that help have been to continue to add verses to my heart and read material edifying the Spirit. Reading this book now in a series called, Character Sketches. Colossians 3:23-25.. I serve God, and not man… heartily… I do all things unto God. (Paraphrase)
- You can not pray with understanding if you do not know heavenly truths. Suffering for godly service forces us as Christians to rethink our values. (Paraphrase) If I am to live a life for Christ, sometimes, life will be difficult, especially in this day and age, but by examining truly what is important in the sight of God, I can reestablish what I value into what God values and find joy in that!!
Notes on using curiosity to maintain interest:
- Be excited about what you are going to teach.
- Create interest in what you want to say.
- Concentrate on being fair.
- Welcome and encourage every response that is given.
- Repeat questions when necessary.
- Proper warning before ending questioning.
- Proper recognition to winner.
- No answer if no one guesses.
- Pause for comments after stories.
- end on a high point of interest.